Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN), March 2017 - September 2022. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Afghanistan Value Chains – Livestock, June 2018 - June 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- IOM: IOM - Humanitarian Assistance Programme (HAP) Weekly Report (29 May - 11 June 2019). 17 Jun 2019
Food aid in Afghanistan
By Christine Bousquet, Charlotte Dufour, François Grünewald, Hugues Maury, Groupe Urgence Réhabilitation Dévelopement (URD)
The Quality Project is an operational research programme implemented by Groupe URD in partnership with a network of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and researchers, and involving a team of specialists in public health, nutrition, habitat/shelter, food security, international humanitarian law, and quality assurance.
By Emmanuelle Lurqin
Emmanuelle is a paediatric nurse and since 2000, has worked with MSF Belgium on nutrition programmes in Angola, Burundi, and Afghanistan. She is currently working with MSF Belgium in the Ivory Coast.
During 2002, the author spent nine months in Faryab province, Afghanistan working as a nurse with MSF Belgium on the nutrition programme. This article describes her experiences in ambulatory care of severely malnourished children.
Faryab province is in a remote and poor area in the north of Afghanistan.