Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan Operational Fact Sheet, 31 May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- Health Cluster: Afghanistan Health Cluster Operational Presence, May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
CHAMAN (PPI): Fifteen people were killed and 400 houses were destroyed due to torrential rains in Kunduz province of Afghanistan. Stormy flood water in Khanabad and Char Darrah areas of Kunduz province. Fifteen persons were reported killed and nearly 400 houses destroyed due to torrential flood. Standing crops were also damaged in the area.
KABUL (NNI): An Asian regional economic organization is trying to play a role in rebuilding Afghanistan, a member state whose economy had almost been damaged to zero by 23 years of war, officials said. The Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO), which groups 10 Islamic countries in the west and central Asian region, including Iran, Pakistan and Turkey, will begin to participate in the reconstruction process in Afghanistan, visiting ECO Secretary General Syed Mojtaba Arastou told a press conference here.