Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- ACLED: ACLED Regional Overview – Asia (26 June 2019). 26 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- IOM: Returns to Afghanistan in 2018: Joint IOM-UNHCR Summary Report [EN/Dari/Pashto]. 25 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Integrated Drought Response, May 2019. 24 Jun 2019
Kabul Liaison Office
Finland has participated in the on-going Afghanistan reconstruction effort since the beginning. A year ago in Tokyo a commitment of assistance amounting to at least 30 million euros for 2002-2004 was promised. In 2002 the yearly target was exceeded as total disbursements were over 13 million euros. In addition Finland participates in the reconstruction with her contingent in the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has worked since 1999 to determine the impact of conflicts on the environment and thereby potentially on the human health. The programme has been financed by 15 states, and Finland's assistance has been approximately 2,5 million euros.