Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- World Bank: Afghanistan Development Update: April 2019. 21 Jul 2019
- UN News: Inclusive peace in Afghanistan means ‘women at the centre’ urges UN deputy chief in Kabul. 21 Jul 2019
- Education Cluster: Afghanistan: Education in Emergencies Working Group (EiEWG) Dashboard – Jan - June 2019. 21 Jul 2019
- IOM: IOM - Humanitarian Assistance Programme (HAP) Biweekly Report (10 - 16 July 2019). 21 Jul 2019
Alors que tous les regards sont tournés vers l'Irak, Action contre la Faim s'inquiète d'une réduction de la capacité d'intervention des humanitaires en Afghanistan, pendant que les besoins des populations demeurent criants.
The death last week of a Salvadoran Red Cross worker illustrates the deteriorating security for aid staff in Afghanistan. AlertNet member Action Against Hunger temporarily suspended its activities in the southern city of Kandahar in late January after a grenade was thrown into its compound. AAH's U.S.-based desk officer Roger Persichino talked to Lars Inge Staveland about the dangers facing NGOs in the war-torn country.
On Wednesday 29th January, just before 9pm (local time), an explosive device containing 250g TNT was thrown at Action Against Hunger's office premises in Kandahar. Fortunately no one was hurt by the explosion, despite the significant damage to our premises.
Mercredi 29 janvier, peu avant 21h (heure locale), une charge explosive de 250g de TNT a été lancée contre le bureau d'Action contre la Faim à Kandahar.