Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Integrated Drought Response, May 2019. 24 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan Operational Fact Sheet, 31 May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Education under attack: Six portraits. 24 Jun 2019
UN wheat handouts are not only undermining the cereal market for Afghan farmers. They encourage the cultivation of lucrative opium poppies too, writes Dominic Nutt.
Aid agencies call on Jack Straw to widen
the UN's Afghan peacekeeping mandate.
Christian Aid and other aid agencies have appealed to the foreign secretary, Jack Straw, to sponsor a UN resolution to expand the role of the multinational security force in Afghanistan.
As Hamid Karzai meets Tony Blair in London, Christian Aid is backing the Afghan president's repeated calls for a massive expansion of international peacekeeping force. There is an ideal opportunity for this to happen now that NATO has agreed to take control of the peacekeeping duties in August.