Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- USAID: Disease Surveillance and Prevention (DEWS) (July 2014 – June 2022). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS Plus). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
WASHINGTON, Dec.3, 2003 - Agriculture Secretary Ann M. Veneman today announced plans for $115 million in foreign assistance under the U.S. Department of Agriculture's fiscal 2004 Food for Progress program. These allocations include donations for 22 developing countries in Africa, Asia (including Central Asia), Latin America and Eastern Europe.
(New York: 3 June 2003): At mid-year, the Consolidated Appeals for countries in crisis have received 1.8 billion of the $5.34 billion---or one-third---of the funds required to carry-out life-sustaining operations in countries in crisis. However, this average masks serious disparities in response. Humanitarian activities in high profile emergencies such as Iraq and Afghanistan have received strong funding, as have appeals for the Great Lakes Region (56%), North Korea (47%,) Chechnya and Neighboring Republics (44%), and Tajikistan (46%).
Sida has just decided to allocate nearly EUR 49,1 million for disaster measures in reply to the United Nation's annual requests for aid regarding different countries and regions.