Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 81 | 1 April–30 June 2019. 22 Jul 2019
- SCA: SCA calls for protection of civilians, its medical staff and health facilities. 22 Jul 2019
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- DACAAR: Biofilter secures safe drinking water during flooding. 22 Jul 2019
(98-45) News Release
98-05 News Release
OTTAWA -- The Honourable Diane Marleau, Minister for International Cooperation and Minister responsible for La Francophonie, announced today that Canada will provide emergency relief aid to victims of a major earthquake in Afghanistan.
"Canada is responding to the major devastation caused by the earthquake that rocked north-eastern Afghanistan," said Madame Marleau.