OCHA Afghanistan Digital Situation Report (external link) EN
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: Briefing to the United Nations Security Council by the Secretary-General’s Special Representative for Afghanistan, Mr. Tadamichi Yamamoto, New York, 10 September 2019. 10 Sep 2019
- UNAMA: Midyear report on the Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict: (1 January to 30 June 2019) [EN/Dari/PS]. 30 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: UN reminds parties of their responsibility to protect civilians - Civilian casualty rates spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- OCHA: UN’s Emergency Fund provides US$75 million to eight underfunded crises. 5 Sep 2019
Snapshot 24–30 June 2015
Burundi: Turnout at the parliamentary elections was low. Voting stations were targeted and there was a spate of grenade attacks in the capital: several people were injured. Around 1,000 Burundians are leaving the country every day: 62,000 refugees are now in Tanzania, 45,000 in Rwanda, and 10,600 in DRC.
South Sudan: Households in some areas of Unity and Upper Nile states are suspected to be facing Catastrophe (IPC Phase 5) food security outcomes. 5–8% of the country’s population are suffering severe acute malnutrition.
Snapshot 14–20 January
Cameroon: 50,000 people are estimated displaced due to the recent increase in Boko Haram (BH) attacks in the northern regions. In the past week, an attack on a military base in Kolofata resulted in 143 BH killed, subsequently, BH kidnapped 80 people from one village – with three killed and 24 later released. The conflict has escalated regionally, with Chad pledging military support in Cameroon’s fight against Boko Haram.