OCHA Afghanistan Digital Situation Report (external link) EN
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: Briefing to the United Nations Security Council by the Secretary-General’s Special Representative for Afghanistan, Mr. Tadamichi Yamamoto, New York, 10 September 2019. 10 Sep 2019
- UNAMA: Midyear report on the Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict: (1 January to 30 June 2019) [EN/Dari/PS]. 30 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: UN reminds parties of their responsibility to protect civilians - Civilian casualty rates spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- OCHA: UN’s Emergency Fund provides US$75 million to eight underfunded crises. 5 Sep 2019
Yemen: 14.4 million people are now food insecure: two million more than in June and four million more than before the escalation of conflict in March. 7.6 million people are severely food insecure. Heavy fighting continues, in particular in Al Dhalee and Taizz governorates. Peace talks between Houthi and government representatives, which were expected to begin mid-November, are yet to take place.
Snapshot 14–20 October 2015
Yemen: 2.3 million people are now displaced in Yemen – an increase of almost 900,000 since August. The increase is mainly explained by better data collection, but continued insecurity has also caused new displacement. Severe acute malnutrition (SAM) levels are at 8.9% in Hodeidah and 3.8% in Hajjah, far exceeding the emergency threshold. Global acute malnutrition (GAM) is above the emergency threshold in Aden, Hodeidah, and Hajjah governorates.