Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are under attack. 21 Aug 2019
- NRC: Displaced Afghans resort to desperate measures as support dwindles. 14 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: Civilian casualties in Afghanistan spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: UN urges parties to heed call from Afghans: Zero civilian casualties. 30 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are still under attack. 21 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: Women’s rights spotlighted at UN-backed event in Afghanistan’s northeast. 22 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: UN reminds parties of their responsibility to protect civilians - Civilian casualty rates spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan: Solar Panel - Response Snapshot 01 January - 31 July 2019. 22 Aug 2019
Yemen: 14.4 million people are now food insecure: two million more than in June and four million more than before the escalation of conflict in March. 7.6 million people are severely food insecure. Heavy fighting continues, in particular in Al Dhalee and Taizz governorates. Peace talks between Houthi and government representatives, which were expected to begin mid-November, are yet to take place.
Snapshot 14–20 October 2015
Yemen: 2.3 million people are now displaced in Yemen – an increase of almost 900,000 since August. The increase is mainly explained by better data collection, but continued insecurity has also caused new displacement. Severe acute malnutrition (SAM) levels are at 8.9% in Hodeidah and 3.8% in Hajjah, far exceeding the emergency threshold. Global acute malnutrition (GAM) is above the emergency threshold in Aden, Hodeidah, and Hajjah governorates.