Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- UNAMA: UN: Civilian population in Afghanistan must be protected from harm. 9 Jun 2019
- IPS: Afghan Schools Left Unprotected by Government & International Community. 6 Jun 2019
- UN News: Around 600,000 Afghan children face death through malnutrition without emergency funds: UNICEF. 24 May 2019
- EU: Country of Origin Information Report: Afghanistan - Security situation (June 2019). 13 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 - 10 June 2019). 10 Jun 2019
The Global Humanitarian Overview
Is the world’s most comprehensive, authoritative and evidence-based assessment of humanitarian needs;
Is based on detailed analysis of wide-ranging data from many different sources, and face-to-face interviews with hundreds of thousands of people directly affected by humanitarian crises across the globe;
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This report has a simple and urgent goal: to connect decision-makers and relevant actors with strategies that prevent and respond to violence in the lives of children.