OCHA Afghanistan Digital Situation Report (external link) EN
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNAMA: Civilian casualties in Afghanistan spike to record-high levels. 19 Oct 2019
- NRC: Pakistani refugees have nowhere to call home as aid is cut. 15 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: 18 years of conflict: Every single Afghan child affected by war. 7 Oct 2019
- OSRSG Children and Armed Conflict: Afghanistan: Spiral of Violence Gives No Rest to Children, Still the Most Impacted by War. 2 Oct 2019
- UNAMA: UN reminds parties of their responsibility to protect civilians - Civilian casualty rates spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: Midyear report on the Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict: (1 January to 30 June 2019) [EN/Dari/PS]. 30 Jul 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.