OCHA Afghanistan Digital Situation Report (external link) EN
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNAMA: ‘Whole spectrum of Afghan society’ must get behind peace talks, UN envoy tells Security Council. 10 Sep 2019
- UNICEF: Too young to serve - A 16-year-old Afghan police recruit tells of his terror. 6 Sep 2019
- OCHA: UN Emergency Fund provides $75 million to eight underfunded crises. 5 Sep 2019
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are under attack. 21 Aug 2019
Most read reports
- UNAMA: Briefing to the United Nations Security Council by the Secretary-General’s Special Representative for Afghanistan, Mr. Tadamichi Yamamoto, New York, 10 September 2019. 10 Sep 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- OCHA: UN’s Emergency Fund provides US$75 million to eight underfunded crises. 5 Sep 2019
- UNICEF: “I was so scared I would hold my breath”. 6 Sep 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan: Solar Panel - Response Snapshot (1 January - 31 August 2019). 15 Sep 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This report has a simple and urgent goal: to connect decision-makers and relevant actors with strategies that prevent and respond to violence in the lives of children.