Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UN News: Inclusive peace in Afghanistan means ‘women at the centre’ urges UN deputy chief in Kabul. 21 Jul 2019
- World Bank: Afghanistan Development Update: April 2019. 21 Jul 2019
- Education Cluster: Afghanistan: Education in Emergencies Working Group (EiEWG) Dashboard – Jan - June 2019. 21 Jul 2019
- IOM: IOM - Humanitarian Assistance Programme (HAP) Biweekly Report (10 - 16 July 2019). 21 Jul 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.