Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
Most read reports
- USAID: Regional Agricultural Development Program - South (RADP-South) (Oct 2013 – Oct 2017). 16 Jul 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- ACTED: Driving improvements in agriculture through better education. 16 Jul 2019
- USAID: Capacity Building and Change Management program (CBCMP II) (July 2014 – July 2017). 16 Jul 2019
- ACLED: ACLED Regional Overview – Asia (16 July 2019). 16 Jul 2019
What government is today's champion of human rights? Washington's potentially powerful voice no longer resonates after the US government's use of detention without trial and interrogation by torture. The administration of President George W. Bush can still promote "democracy"-the word it uses to avoid raising the thorny subject of human rights-but it cannot credibly advocate rights that it flouts.
As America's influence wanes, China's waxes. Yet China is hardly a leader on human rights.