Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- USAID: Disease Surveillance and Prevention (DEWS) (July 2014 – June 2022). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS Plus). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Health Sector Resiliency (HSR) (Sep 2015 – Sep 2020). 19 Jul 2019
Sexual violence is not geographically or demographically discrete; it is a global issue that affects all ages and genders.
Children are a key target group due to their societal status and multiple vulnerabilities in areas affected by conflict.
Sexual violence is pervasive in all settings (public and private) and is more likely to be opportunistic than a tactic of war.
The perpetrators of sexual violence are more often civilian than they are combatants.