Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
- USAID: Health Sector Resiliency (HSR) (Sep 2015 – Sep 2020). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Disease Surveillance and Prevention (DEWS) (July 2014 – June 2022). 19 Jul 2019
- WHO: WHO Afghanistan Situation Report - June 2019. 18 Jul 2019
Iraq: 1.2 million people have been displaced by the ISIL June offensive and the Anbar crisis. Humanitarian access to militant-held areas remains a challenge. The security situation in Anbar, Ninevah, Salah al Din and Diyala is volatile and unpredictable. Host communities are facing difficulties assisting new IDPs and over 226,000 Syrian refugees.
Pakistan: The military offensive against the Taliban in North Waziristan has reportedly killed up to 30 Taliban and displaced at least 300,000 people to neighbouring provinces as well as Afghanistan.
Iraq: The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and its allies have overrun non-Kurdish controlled areas Ninevah and significant areas of neighbouring Salah al Din and Kirkuk governorates, as well as part of northern Diyala. Access is severely limited, and hundreds of thousands of displaced persons are in need of humanitarian assistance.
Balkans: On 13 May, cyclone Tamara hit the Balkans. Heavy rainfall resulted in extensive flooding in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Croatia; 1.6 million, 1.5 million, and 38,000 people have been affected, respectively. In total, 81,879 people have been evacuated. Relief efforts are being hampered by landslides, damaged infrastructure, blocked roads, and blackouts.