OCHA Afghanistan Digital Situation Report (external link) EN
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- IPC: More than 10 million people severely food-insecure in Afghanistan. 15 Nov 2019
- UNAMA: Civilian casualties in Afghanistan spike to record-high levels. 19 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AOAV: The reverberating effects of explosive violence on agriculture in Afghanistan. 14 Nov 2019
- ACLED: ACLED Regional Overview: Central Asia and the Caucasus (3 - 9 November 2019). 14 Nov 2019
- IPC: IPC Alert: Over 10 million people severely food insecure in Afghanistan. 15 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan: Voluntary Repatriation - Response Snapshot (1 January - 31 October 2019). 14 Nov 2019
- FAO: Afghanistan: Seasonal Food Security Assessment (SFSA) 2019 - Coverage Districts. 14 Nov 2019
International prices of wheat and maize were generally firmer in January, supported by weather-related concerns and a weaker US dollar. Export price quotations of rice also strengthened mainly buoyed by renewed Asian demand.
In East Africa, in the Sudan, prices of the main staples: sorghum, millet and wheat, rose sharply for the third consecutive month in January and reached record highs, underpinned by the removal of wheat subsidies and the strong depreciation of the Sudanese Pound.