Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- IOM: Returns to Afghanistan in 2018: Joint IOM-UNHCR Summary Report [EN/Dari/Pashto]. 25 Jun 2019
- IOM: Return of Undocumented Afghans - Weekly Situation Report (16-22 June 2019). 25 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Integrated Drought Response, May 2019. 24 Jun 2019
- HNI: Support to victims of Gender Based Violence (GBV) in Afghanistan. 25 Jun 2019
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
YOKOHAMA– The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a total of US$69 million in funding from the Government of Japan to provide vital food, nutrition and resilience building support in 28 countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
Of the total contributions, US$18 million will be used to continue to support vulnerable families in Yemen where over 20 million people are struggling to meet their daily food needs.
YOKOHAMA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed the announcement last week of a US$85.2 million cash contribution from the Government of Japan. The donation will enable WFP to provide vital food and nutrition assistance in 33 countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
YOKOHAMA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) this month welcomed a US$88.3 million contribution from the Government of Japan. The donation will enable WFP to provide urgently-needed food and nutrition assistance to the most vulnerable people in 26 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East, in addition to supporting special humanitarian logistics operations in four of those countries.
Yokohama – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed this week the announcement of a US$140.7 million contribution from the Government of Japan. The generous donation will provide vital food and nutritional assistance to millions of people, including refugees, internally-displaced persons, malnourished children, pregnant and breastfeeding women in 16 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. The funds will also support special logistics operations in three countries.