Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- IOM: Returns to Afghanistan in 2018: Joint IOM-UNHCR Summary Report [EN/Dari/Pashto]. 25 Jun 2019
- IOM: Return of Undocumented Afghans - Weekly Situation Report (16-22 June 2019). 25 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Integrated Drought Response, May 2019. 24 Jun 2019
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
Each month in 2003, RI spotlighted a group of people in danger who have been forgotten or neglected by governments, the UN, and aid organizations.
Today more than 5,000 children will be displaced by conflict. In all, an estimated 25 million children are living as refugees or are displaced in their home country. These young individuals experience much disruption and loss in their lives - loss of familiar people and surroundings; loss of a sense of order and predictability. They also face difficulties specific to their experience as returnees.
By Kenneth H. Bacon and Loubna, Refugees International