up-to-date as of March 6th
- A virulent meningitis outbreak affects
four countries of West Africa. To date, a total of 13,516 cases and 931
deaths have been reported.
- Nigeria is the most affected with 9086
cases and 562 deaths
- Niger reports 2620 cases and 113 deaths.
- Burkina Faso reports 1756 cases and
- Mali reports 54 cases and 6 deaths.
The epidemic strain A has been identified
in Nigeria, Niger and Mali, whereas in Burkina Faso, it is the streptococcus
- In Nigeria, case management and a mass