1. Rivers Flow Situation Reported by Flood Forecasting Division. All rivers are flowing at Normal levels except; River Indus at Tarbela, Kalabagh, Chashma, Taunsa, Guddu & Sukkur,
River Kabul at Nowshera and River Chenab at Marala which are at Low Level. Details at Annex A.
June 2017 marks the end of the 2016/2017 low season for poliovirus transmission. From Septem-ber 2016 to May 201Z the Pakistan Polio Eradica-tion Initiative conducted nine high-quality supple-mentary immunization activities (SIAs), achieving a steady increase in the population immunity against wild poliovirus. Across Pakistan, the pro-portion of vaccinated children increased from 85% in August 2016 to 92% in May 2017, according to in-dependent post-campaign monitoring.
Country-wide Cause of displacement Disaster
Figures More than 1.8 million new disaster displacements between 22 June and 12 July
24 JULY 2017
The following Security Council press statement was issued today by Council President Liu Jieyi (China):
The members of the Security Council condemned in the strongest terms the heinous and cowardly terrorist attack that took place in Lahore, Pakistan on 24 July, which resulted in more than 80 people killed or injured, for which the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan has claimed responsibility.
6,402 interviews were conducted in Greece, Hungary, Serbia, and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia from January to June 2016 and 2,140 surveyed were conducted in Greece, Hungary, Serbia, and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia from January to June 2017
About DTM`s Flow Monitoring Surveys
In June 2017, Action on Armed Violence (AOAV) recorded 2,464 deaths and injuries from explosive violence around the world, as reported in English-language media. Civilians accounted for 75% (1,842) of the deaths and injuries recorded.
This represents a 30% decrease in the number of civilians killed or injured compared to May 2017, when there were 2,649 civilian deaths and injuries.
1. Rivers Flow Situation Reported by Flood Forecasting Division. All rivers are flowing at Normal levels except; River Indus at Kalabagh, Chashma, Taunsa & Guddu and River Kabul at Nowshera which are at Low Level. Details at Annex A.
112,018 arrivals by sea in 2017
published 09:00 CET 25 July
363,401 arrivals in 2016
Highlights and Statistics
- On 23 July, 5,203 new refugees, asylum-seekers and migrants were counted in Serbia.
- 4,899, i.e. 94%, were accommodated in 18 governmental centres, which provide some 6,000 hard-shelter places (below chart refers). Some centres, especially the Transit Centres (TC) of Adasevci and Principovac remained overcrowded, as they still used temporary emergency shelter such as rub halls and tents to accommodate refugees and migrants, including families and unaccompanied and separated children (UASC).
By Muhammad Akbar Notezai
QUETTA: A five-day anti-polio campaign began in Quetta, Pishin, Qila Abdullah and Mastung districts of Balochistan amid tight security on Monday.
Health workers and other staff members will cover 127 union councils of the four districts during the campaign.
“Nearly 800,000 children will be administered polio drops,” said Syed Faisal Ahmed, chief coordinator of the provincial emergency operation centre.
12222 Afghan refugees which lived in Pakistan and Iran they forcibly and voluntarily last week returned back to the country, these afghan refugees from 15 to 21 July 2017 through the border of puli Abreshom, Islam Qala, Aspin Boldak, and Turkham returned to the country. Among of them were documented and undocumented people. Base on statistic of DoRR of the borders in mentioned period 9870 afghan refugees through puli Abreshom nemroz province 2091 from Nangarhar province Turkham border, 223 through the Aspin Boldak Qandahar province and 38 people through Islam Qala Herat province.
24 JULY 2017
The following statement was issued today by the Spokesman for UN Secretary-General António Guterres:
The Secretary-General strongly condemns the terrorist attack in Lahore, Pakistan, today and calls for those responsible to be brought to justice.
The Secretary-General extends his condolences to the families of the victims and wishes full recovery to those injured. He supports the efforts of the Government of Pakistan to fight terrorism and violent extremism with full respect for international human rights norms and obligations.
1. Rivers Flow Situation Reported by Flood Forecasting Division. All rivers are flowing at Normal levels except; River Chenab at Marala, Khanki & Qadirabad at Low to Medium and River Indus at Tarbela, Kalabagh, Chashma & Guddu, River Jhelum at Mangla and River Kabul at Nowshera which are at Low Level. Medium Flood with Sharp Peak of High Flood is expected in River Chenab at Marala. Low to Medium level flows are expected in the Nullahs of Rivers Ravi & Chenab. Details at Annex A.
2,162 undocumented Afghans returned from Pakistan
8,768 undocumented Afghans returned from Iran
75,952 total returns from Pakistan since 01 January 2017
187,275 total returns from Iran since 01 January 2017
93% of returnees from Pakistan (2,009 individuals) assisted
6% of returnees from Iran (524 individuals) assisted
In June 2017, the average retail price of wheat and wheat flour decreased by 0.1% and 1.1%, respectively; the price of rice Irri-6 negligibly increased by 0.01% and the price of rice Basmati slightly increased by 1.6% from the previous month (May 2017);
Headline inflation based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) negligibly decreased by 0.4% from May 2017, whereas it has increased by 3.93% from the same month last year (June 2016);