Updates

Your gateway to all content to date. Search and/or drill down with filters to narrow down the content.

1,430 entries found
Sort by: Latest |Relevance
28 Jul 2016 description

Between 1 January 2016 and 18 July 2016, 171,938 individuals fled their homes due to conflict. 29 of 34 provinces had recorded some level of forced displacement. Constrained humanitarian access hinders assessments, thus preventing verification of the full extent of displacement and undermining the provision of assistance and services. Displacement affects all individuals differently with needs, vulnerabilities and protection risks evolving over time due to exhaustion of coping mechanisms and only basic emergency assistance provided following initial displacement.

19 Jul 2016 description

Between 1 January 2016 and 10 July 2016, 158,603 individuals fled their homes due to conflict. 29 of 34 provinces had recorded some level of forced displacement. Constrained humanitarian access hinders assessments, thus preventing verification of the full extent of displacement and undermining the provision of assistance and services. Displacement affects all individuals differently with needs, vulnerabilities and protection risks evolving over time due to exhaustion of coping mechanisms and only basic emergency assistance provided following initial displacement.

13 Jul 2016 description

HIGHLIGHTS

• One third of the Afghan population remains food insecure despite the expected higher wheat harvest for 2016
• Locust infestation will halve the harvest of the Dawlatyar district located in Ghor, the most food insecure Afghan province
• Farmers forced to flee their homes and livelihoods due to increasing conflict in Baghlan
• Clashes threaten harvesting in Kot
• WFP and Afghanaid deliver food assistance to the most vulnerable in remote areas of Afghanistan

HUMANITARIAN RESPONSE PLAN FUNDING

05 Jul 2016 description

From 1 January to 31 May 2016, 140,795 individuals fled their homes due to conflict in Afghanistan. A total of 28 of 34 provinces recorded some level of forced displacement. Constrained humanitarian access hinders assessments, thus preventing verification of the full extent of displacement and undermining the provision of assistance and services. Displacement affects all individuals differently with needs, vulnerabilities and protection risks evolving over time due to exhaustion of coping mechanisms and overstretched emergency assistance.

04 Jul 2016 description
file preview
English version
Arabic version
  1. IN 2016, HUMANITARIAN RESPONSE PLANS (HRP) in the MENA region requested US$7 billion and received $1.76 billion. The largest recipient was Syria, with $694 million, followed by Yemen, Iraq and the occupied Palestinian territory. In total, MENA HRPs are 25% funded.

  2. The SYRIA REGIONAL REFUGEE AND RESILIENCE PLAN (3RP) requested US$4.55 billion. The total amount received is $1.34 billion (29%), which leaves a total shortfall of $3.21 billion (71%).

04 Jul 2016 description

Between 1 January 2016 and 23 June 2016, 142,768 individuals fled their homes due to conflict. 28 of 34 provinces had recorded some level of forced displacement. Constrained humanitarian access hinders assessments, thus preventing verification of the full extent of displacement and undermining the provision of assistance and services. Displacement affects all individuals differently with needs, vulnerabilities and protection risks evolving over time due to exhaustion of coping mechanisms and only basic emergency assistance provided following initial displacement.