• Since 06 January, humanitarian operations in Grand’Anse and Sud were either temporally suspended or limited in relation with the arrest of senator-elect Guy Philippe and the demonstrations and road blocks that followed.
This week, activities have fully resumed in Sud and slowly in Grand’Anse.
• As part of a Technical Assistance Project for Agricultural Assistance and in preparation for the Spring Campaign, FAO signed with the Ministry of Agriculture a seed donation agreement of 500,000 US dollars.
• More than 148,000 people are currently displaced as a result of conflict in Mosul city that began on 17 October 2017, an increase of nearly 12,500 people in the last week. Some 16,500 returnees and hundreds of thousands of highly vulnerable residents in newly-accessible areas continue to require humanitarian assistance.
Este documento fue elaborado por OCHA con apoyo de UMAIC y con información suministrada por la Personería Municipal de Tumaco y miembros del Equipo Local de Coordinación de Nariño.
El 5 de enero de 2017, un grupo de 20 hombres fuertemente armados ingresaron a la vereda Pital de la Costa, del municipio de Tumaco. Intimidaron a la comunidad y manifestaron su intención de ejercer control territorial en la zona.
Since 22 December, an estimated 5.5 million people in Damascus and surrounding areas have been cut off from their main source of water supply, the Ein Elfijeh and Barada springs, after those were damaged.
Following an agreement of 13 January, government and SARC technical teams entered the Wadi Barada area the same day to carry out a damage assessment of the water sources and infrastructure at the Ein Elfijeh spring site with a view to repairing the facility as soon as possible.
Of the more than 111,000 people who formerly resided in east Aleppo remain in Aleppo city, 56,054 remained or re-registered in east Aleppo. 50,830 are registered as sheltering in west Aleppo, and 5,077 remain in the Jibreen collective shelter.
As the vast majority of IDPs reside in at least partially damaged houses in east Aleppo, systematic structural assessments urgently need to be carried out before any shelter intervention can take place.
• Assessment missions in December identify severe needs in several LGAs in Borno State. Large numbers of IDPs who have recently arrived at sites in Monguno, Banki, Baga and Rann are in dire conditions and urgently need assistance.
• In Magumeri LGA, 5 per cent of children are suffering from severe acute malnutrition, and a further 25 per cent from moderate acute malnutrition.
• Partners in December deliver food or cash assistance to more than one million people in north-east Nigeria.
Como consecuencia de las lluvias que se presentaron entre el 1 y 5 de enero, aproximadamente 11.125 personas (ver tabla) estarían afectadas por el desbordamiento de ríos en los municipios de Tumaco, Barbacoas, Roberto Payán y Magüi Payán. El número total de población afectada podría aumentar una vez se consolide la información de censos de la población afectada.
More than 1,300,000 people have beneficiated of food distribution since 3 months on.
Additionnally, 520,687 people have been provided with safe water for drinking, cooking and personal hygiene
The security situation in Grand’Anse has deteriorated following the arrest of senator-elect Guy Philippe, on 05 January with many demonstrations and road blocks reported and affecting humanitarian operations which were either temporally suspended or limited
The preliminary results of a new Emergency Food Security Assessment (EFSA) show that food security and availability in markets have improved in the communes affected by Matthew with the levels of inadequate food consumption decreasing in both Sud and Grand’Anse.
Faute de vivres pendant plusieurs jours, la majorité des personnes en situation de reddition retenues au lycée de Baga-Sola s’était enfuie du site en quête de nourriture. La plupart est retournée, portant le total à 327 personnes actuellement retenues.
Ces 327 personnes ont été relocalisées dans un nouveau site, toujours à Baga-Sola, après le plaidoyer pour libérer le lycée et préserver son caractère civil.
Due to a lack of food for several days, most of the people having allegedly surrendered and held at Baga-Sola high school had fled the site in search of food. Most have returned, bringing the total to 327 people currently being held.
These 327 people have been relocated to a new site, still in Baga-Sola, following advocacy to free the high school and preserve its civilian character.
Ce rapport a été produit par OCHA en collaboration avec les partenaires humanitaires. Il a été publié par le Sousbureau OCHA Bambari et couvre la période du 02 au 08 Janvier 2017. Sur le plan géographique, il couvre les préfectures de Ouaka, Basse-Kotto, Haute Kotto, Mbomou, Haut-Mbomou et Vakaga.
· Problématique de scolarisation des enfants déplacés de Bakala sur les sites à Grimari et à Bambari ;
· La réouverture du centre de santé sur le site de l’Aviation avec l’appui de l’OMS ;
Ce rapport a été produit par OCHA en collaboration avec les partenaires humanitaires. Il a été publié par le Sousbureau OCHA Bambari et couvre la période du 25 Décembre 2016 au 1er Janvier 2017. Sur le plan géographique, il couvre les préfectures de Ouaka, Basse-Kotto, Haute Kotto, Mbomou, Haut-Mbomou et Vakaga.
· Conclusions de la mission inter-agences conduite le 30 décembre à Poudjo situé à 65 km sur l’axe Bambari-Alindao
• 135,500 people are currently displaced as a result of conflict in Mosul city that began on 17 October 2016, an increase of nearly 10,000 people in the last week. Some 15,700 returnees and hundreds of thousands of highly vulnerable residents in newly-accessible areas also require humanitarian assistance.
The number of people receiving food assistance grew by 350 per cent in the past five months with food insecurity remaining the greatest concern among internally displaced people (IDPs).
76 per cent of IDPs don’t want to return to their homes unless their security can be guaranteed.
Assistance is required to reconstruct and repair destroyed or damaged homes, to encourage sustainable IDP returns.
Some 90,500 people from east Aleppo have been registered across Aleppo city, in both eastern and western neighborhoods. The over-whelming majority of them reside in houses, while 4,250 remain in the Jibreen collective shelter.
Following the closure of Mahalej transit site on 25 December, some 750 IDPs were unable to find accommodation in private houses and are now staying in the Jibreen collective shelter.
The security situation has remained calm in November, without any reported incident.
Humanitarian access is limited in some areas due to Lake Chad’s rising waters.
Secondary displacements continue: nearly 122,000 people are displaced in the Lac region, in addition to 8,200 refugees.
Several fires of unintentional origin affected 560 people in the Lac region.
Civil servants' strikes related to the non-payment of salaries continue to affect access to health and education.
Military operations intensified on 29 December, causing over 9,000 people to flee the city in the space of four days. The average daily figure for displacement has increased by 50 per cent since military operations intensified.
Civilian casualties have increased. Camps and emergency sites to the south and east of Mosul city are reaching their maximum capacity. Government and humanitarian actors are responding urgently to expand camp capacity.
• Le CERF a approuvé deux projets d'une valeur d'un peu plus de 3,5 millions de dollars américains pour le rétablissement rapide des services rassurants d'éducation, l'assistance à la protection des plus vulnérables expulsés des abris temporaires et le soutien à environ 30 000 personnes dans les zones de retour.