- The biophysical indicators show unusual fluctuations outside the expected seasonal ranges.
- 50.0 mm of rainfall was received in the month of June.
- The June VCI values for Baringo County, Mogotio and East Pokot subcounty were 35, 31 and 34 respectively. Tiaty, Baringo North and Mogotio are currently below normal ranges indicating moderate drought.
- The Water level in water pans is below normal at 2 (10%-30%).
- Rainfall: The amount of rainfall received for both sub counties reduced significantly during the month of June to 44% of normal.
- Vegetation condition: The vegetation condition improved further to normal vegetation greenness for Mbeere South and above normal vegetation greenness for Mbeere North.
- Normally, the June is a dry month for the County.
- The vegetation condition was moderate across all the sub-counties.
- Water was inadequate for both livestock and for people due to poor recharge of water sources during the rainy season.
Biophysical Indicators (Environmental indicators)
- Generally the month of June recorded significant drop in the amount of rainfall recorded.
- State of water sources in the county during the month under review was 4 (declining)-below normal at this time of the year.
- On average pasture and browse condition recorded some improvement.
- On average, the county 3-month VCI for June was 25.11, indicating moderate vegetation deficit with Kilifi South recording normal vegetation deficit.
- Below-normal rainfall was received in both livelihood zones.
- The Vegetation Condition Index was below normal at 30.34.
- The state of water sources was normal for this time of the year.
- Livestock body condition was normal at this time of the year.
- Milk production was below normal.
- No livestock migration was reported during the month.
- Rainfall: For the month of June, the County has experienced rainfall ranging from light showers to heavy downpour. The rain was distributed fairly in terms of time and poorly in terms of space. The received rainfall was approximately 70% of the expected amount for the month, which is below the normal range.
- Below normal rainfall was experienced in the month of June.
- The vegetation condition Index VCI-3Month) was 25.31 in the month of June from 12.06 in May which is near normal.
- The VCI indicated improving vegetation condition with a moderate band deficit. The situation is improving the overall drought stage in the county was at Alert in June.
- Generally the month was characterized by hot sunny days.
- The County experienced normal vegetation greenness (VCI of 50.53) apart from some pockets where there was moderate drought.
- The quantity and quality of pasture ranged from fair to good in the Mixed farming zone while in the Marginal mixed farming zone it was fair.
- The state of water sources in rivers, pans and dams was fair to good mostly in both Mixed farming (Coffee/Dairy) and Mixed farming (Livestock/Food Crop) while in the Marginal mixed farming zone it was fair.
- Rainfall: Generally the County didn’t receive rainfall in the month under review. However, there were traced amounts in Marsabit Mountain and Moyale Township.
- Vegetation condition: Vegetation condition index slightly improved from 14.73 in May to 19.05 in June but still stands within the severe vegetation deficit band. Pasture and browse is fair-good in Agropastoral zone while poor in Pastoral livelihood zone.
- The month was generally dry across all livelihood zones.
- Vegetation conditions remained poor with a vegetation condition index recorded at 38.33.
- Pasture and browse conditions were largely poor in the Agro-pastoral livelihood zone and fair to good in all the other livelihood zones similar to last month.
La plupart de migrants sont des hommes (97%)
7% des migrants enregistrés à Gao et Benena sont des mineurs.
35, 577 migrants ont été comptabilisés à Gao et Benena, représentant une moyenne de 97 migrants par jour
La majorité de migrants sortant du Mali indiquent vouloir se rendre en Algérie et en Libye pendant que 40% déclarent vouloir se rendre en Europe,principalement en Espagne et en Italie.
L'Algérie, le Niger et le Burkina Faso consituent d'importants pays de transits après le Mali.
- Rainfall: The cessation of long rains was experienced in the third dekad of May.
- Vegetation condition: The 3 month vegetation condition index (VCI) for the County is 28.67 depicting a moderate vegetation deficit.
- Rainfall received was below normal and was poorly distributed both in space and time. The cumulative amount was 2.9 mm and 2.8 mm and in the 1st and 2nd dekads respectively.
- The vegetation cover further improved within the county with overall vegetation cover increasing from 15.71 to 24.3 as measured by vegetation condition index.
- Surface and underground water sources across the livelihood zones remained partially recharged; however, trekking distance for both households and livestock increased.
- The highlands of the county received light showers in the month under review.
- The long rains season was depressed, erratic and characterized by poor distribution in terms of time and space.
- The rains supported pulses production, water recharge and pasture regeneration.
- Vegetation condition index stood at 31.08 i.e. moderate vegetation deficit showing improvement from severe in May.
- The month of June was characterized by poor rainfall performance coupled with intervals of sunny and dry weather conditions.
- The Vegetation Condition Index (VCI) was 46.6 indicating a normal vegetation condition.
- The water recharge levels and availability were below normal.
- There was little/no rainfall recorded. Rainfall performed poorly in the county and were below normal.
- Pasture condition was generally poor across all the livelihood zones. The situation is below normal.
- The water state remained the same as the previous month. It is below normal.
- Generally the county did not received any rainfall during the month, however most days of the month were characterized by cloud cover, marking the beginning of winter season. Currently vegetation cover indexes for the month of June still showed moderate vegetation deficit band with a VCI score of 24 from previous month figure of 21, although Wajir west, and Wajir south are the most affected areas with vci scores of 9.16 and 14 respectively, with Wajir west indicating extreme vegetation deficit and Wajir south severe vegetation deficit.
- Rainfall received during the month was depressed with a temporal distribution of 2-4 days. Compared to the normal for the same period, the cumulative rainfall for the 6-month period (January-June) for Nasukuta rainfall station amounts to only 81%.
- Slight improvement in the condition of vegetation was noted as evidenced by the shift in VCI-3month for the county to 32.2 from 25.02 in May. Pokot central & north remained most affected with a VCI-3-month of 27.06 & 29.91 respectively.
- The County is currently experiencing severe vegetation deficit as a result of poor performance of the seasonal long rains.
- No significant rains were received in this month. The county received offseasonal showers along the coastal regions of Kipini and recorded an average of 2.6 mm which is below normal for this time of the year. Much of the showers were received within the first and second dekad of this month.
- Cessation of the March-April-May (MAM) rains was on the third week of May. The month of June was generally dry though light off season showers were received for two days in high attitude areas.
- Vegetation condition index for the month stood at 45.92 from 37.45 last month. This was indicative of normal vegetation greenness though the situation has highly deteriorated due to migration of livestock from the neighboring counties.