Online Certificate Course on Project Cycle Management [PCM]
The Project Cycle Management (PCM) is the method employed by civil society organisations, UN agencies, international development cooperation’s and non-profit organisations to carry out and manage their projects and programmes effectively. Projects Cycle Management also require the participation of numerous stakeholders, coordination between specialists from different fields, and efficient management to solve challenging problems. This course will equip and empower participants with enhanced designing and management tools to tailor projects more adequately to meet the needs of the beneficiaries. It builds up a clear body of theory, understanding and skills for each stage, so that by the end of the course participants have a clear competence across all stages of the cycle.
By the end of the course, participants will understand: • the role of the project cycle, and key activities to be undertaken at each stage. • the principles of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework Approach (LFA). • how to use the LFA to assess a project document & identify information needs for a feasibility study. • how to structure terms of reference for feasibility studies. • the role of the logframe in project monitoring & evaluation • the role & importance of indicators for project preparation, implementation & evaluation • the importance of the integrated approach & the PCM basic format
At the end of the course, participants know how to make needs assessment, to design, plan and monitor a project following the results-based management concept and using the logical framework as a tool.
• Introductory Course in the Online Training System (Free) • Course Navigation and Guide • Explanation of Course Resources
Module 1: Assessing needs
• Introduction to Project Cycle • The Project Cycle • Project Planning Management • PCM Planning and Management Tools • Assignment
Module 2: The Logical Framework Approach – A Project Design and Analysis Tool
• Introduction • The Analysis Phase - Problem Analysis - Analysis of Objectives - Strategy Analysis • The Planning Phase - The Logframe - Levels of Objectives - Assumptions - Factors Ensuring Sustainability - Objectively Verifiable Indicators (OVIs) - Sources of Verification (SOVs) - Means and Costs - The Logframe Example • Assignment
Module 3: Using The Logical Framework to Develop Activity And Resource Schedules
• Activity and Resource Schedule - A Checklist for Preparing an Activity Schedule - Presenting an Activity Schedule • Preparing Resource Schedule - A Checklist for Specifying Means and Scheduling Costs • Assignment
Module 4: Using The LFA To Assess Project Proposals
• Introduction • Guide for Assessment of a Project Proposal - Analyse problems & objectives - Identify the intervention logic and assumptions - Assess assumptions - Assess sustainability - Identify indicators - Prepare Terms of Reference • The Quality Assessment Tools
Module 5: Implementing, Monitoring and Reporting the project
• Introduction • Designing a monitoring system - Analyse Project Objectives - Review Implementation Procedures - Review Indicators - Reporting • Assignment
Module 6: Project Review and Evaluation
• Introduction • Evaluation Criteria • Linkage to the Logframe - Costs - Activities - Results - Project Purpose - Overall Objectives • Opportunities for Evaluation • Assignment
Module 7: Conclusion and Final Examination
• Final Examination • Participants Evaluation of Course/Feedback • Conclusion
This is an online course, so you'll need to have a computer with an Internet connection, and you'll need a web-browser (you can use IE or FireFox). All the course materials you'll need to complete this course are provided in the course modules. You will not need to purchase any additional materials, resources, or books. You will also have the opportunity of experiencing the best online training platform.
• Online, interactive, self-paced and self-learning modules. • Assignments to test your knowledge and understanding before and after the course. • Opportunity to post comments, assignment answers, live chat and blogging etc.
Candidates should have a good written command of English language and good competence and comfort with computer and internet use.
The course tuition fee is US$300. There is a limited amount of partial scholarships available for this course for applicants from developing countries, based on financial need.
LOCATION: Online [Web-based]
Registration is on a first come, first served basis. However, applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. To download the application form, visit our website at http://www.justicegroup.us/project-cycle-management. Register early for this wonderful learning opportunity!
Further inquiries about the course may be sent to: email@example.com
GHRLTI Human Rights and Justice Group International Nigeria: 53, Western Avenue, P.O.Box 3326, Surulere, 101014, Lagos, Nigeria Tel: +234-8034923400 U.S.A.: 1208 Massachusetts Ave., Suite 4, 2nd Floor, Cambridge, MA 02138 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |Website: http://www.justicegroup.us