Project Management Skills Course
We offer special discounts and partial scholarships for participants from Relief and Development Community.
Please contact us for details.
This project management skills training course lays special and specific focus on building skills and competency for professional project management that will guarantee a superior delivery rate of project delivery. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area.
We've added special modules in the training agenda to give more value to the development community.
By the end of the project management skills training course, Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Plan, schedule, implement and control projects in a structured and professional style.
- Review the financial aspects of the projects they are currently handling.
- Select the right projects using capital budgeting techniques.
- Engage with project stakeholders through better negotiation and communication skills.
- Develop an awareness of own personal strengths and weaknesses while managing projects.
- Work with the problems and constraints related to managing projects.
- Project Planning
- Project Management Definitions
- Projects versus Operations
- Managing Project Constraints
- Applications of Project Management
- Definition of Project Life-Cycle
- Defining Project Requirements
- Statement of Work (SOW)
- Project Specifications
- Milestone Schedule
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- WBS Decomposition Problems
- WBS Guidelines and Checklists
- Project Scheduling and Network Modelling
- Linking Activities and WBS Sequencing
- Forward and Backward Scheduling
- Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Slack/Float Management
- Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT)
- Schedule Compression Techniques
- Myths and Realities of Schedule Compression
- Resource Planning and Levelling Program
- Project Organizing, Control and Reporting
- Project Organization and Project Control
- Mastering Earned Value Management
- Schedule and Budget Variances
- Project Management Reporting
- Auditing a Project
- The Role of Software in Project Management
- Project Selection Using Capital Budgeting Techniques
- Definition of Capital Budgeting and Cost of Capital
- Project Rate of Return:
- Accounting Rate of Return (ARR)
- Pay Back Period (PP)
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Project Stakeholders Management
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Planning Stakeholder Management
- Managing Stakeholder Engagement
- Controlling Stakeholder Engagement
Who Should Attend?
Personnel who are now, or plan to become, involved in any phase of project management.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
More details on the page for Project Management Skills Training.