Full Cost Recovery: The Strategy and Mechanics
This two-day workshop covers the strategies and tactics for strengthening your NGO’s indirect cost recovery approach in a dynamic, evolving funding environment. Designed to enhance the ability of NGO staff to effectively manage their programs and maintain donor compliance, this highly participatory course will help you evaluate your methods for calculating indirect costs and determine if you’re maximizing your rates of cost recovery.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Staff who will benefit include all levels of staff working on the challenge of full cost recovery, from novice to expert.
- In addition to individual participants, InsideNGO encourages employee teams to attend this workshop together.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This workshop explores how to recover full costs, especially overhead, when managing a diverse portfolio of funders, some that cap overhead and others that don't. You will learn how to:
- Evaluate cost allocation structures and methods based on your NGO’s current funding mix
- Apply alternative approaches to structuring overhead accounts and allocation methods
- Manage the different ways funders regulate overhead payments
- Develop best practices to budget for various donors
- Navigate the basics of the US Government’s Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (NICRA)
- Navigate the funder landscape using a decision-making model for testing whether systems change is worth it
THE INSIDE NGO ADVANTAGE
For 40 years, InsideNGO has been “inside” the NGO community, supporting organizations as they address the world’s most pressing social issues. We are widely recognized as the leader in US government assistance compliance training. Our training activities are designed to help you and your organization build capacity, strengthen decision-making, develop more efficient systems, and identify effective solutions to important challenges. Our learning programs are modeled on the best practices in adult learning. In today’s complex operating environment, learning has never been more important, and we take great pride in being your partner in professional and organizational development.