Basic Trauma First Aid
The InterHealth Basic First Aid Training is a comprehensive one day course designed by medical professionals with experience living and working in South Sudan. The course aims to provide invaluable lifesaving skills and confidence to staff and the practical emphasis makes it easily accessible to all.
By the end of the course you will be:
- Prepared with the skills and knowledge necessary to cope and save a life in the event an accident, attack, illness or injury.
- Equipped to provide initial triage, treatment and stabilization of casualties.
- To be confident, prepared and ready to access emergency casualty evacuation.
Topics to be covered include:
- Assessment of an accident and priorities of care
- Care of unconscious breathing casualty – recovery position
- Care of unconscious non-breathing casualty – CPR
- Spinal injuries – immobilization and management
- Gunshot wounds
- Blast and Crush Injuries
- Broken bones – slings, splinting.
- Head injuries – Concussion and Compression
The day will be interactive and scenario-based with lots of opportunities to practice what is being taught, including use of equipment.
"I found the course to be both informative and enjoyable. The facilitators were very knowledgeable and the course material was detailed without being overwhelming. I feel confident that I am better placed to identify injuries and problems and provide basic assistance." Stephen Kempsell, MAF South Sudan
Who is it for?
For beginners to first aid
Afex Camp, Hai Malakal, Juba
17 Jul 09:00 - 17:00
You can register online by completing the Training Booking Form on our website: https://www.interhealthworldwide.org/home/training-events/booking-inform...
Alternatively, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org