Harnessing the Power of R Statistical Open Source Software in Data Analysis
R is an open-source programming language and software environment for statistical computing and graphics. It is an integrated suite of software facilities for data manipulation, calculation and graphical display.
WHY THIS R COURSE?
There is lots of software available for data analysis today. However, as an open-source project, you can use R free of charge: no worries about subscription fees, license managers, or user limits. R is a language and you do data analysis mainly by writing functions and scripts. It has wonderful graphics and data visualization, a flexible statistical analysis toolkit, access to powerful, cutting-edge analytics and a robust, vibrant community and unlimited possibilities.
The aim of this course isn't to teach statistics, rather to introduce fundamental concepts of programming with R.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE:
- To provide an overview of the basic R environment and its applications
- To provide high quality statistical input to research projects.
- To train interested parties on statistical analysis and use of R statistical software.
- To incorporate data utilization and expertise to inform programs and policy
- Introduction to R.
- Statistical modelling with R.
- Programming with R
- Advanced graphics with R
- Predictive analytics
- Spatial data analysis with R
- Survival analysis using R (optional)
- Interactive graphics with shiny
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of R project in data analysis
- Use R software for analyzing data and make use of the analysis outputs