Family Liaison in a Crisis
Abduction, death in service, serious illness – be ready to work with distressed families
This course is designed for those responsible for liaising with families in times of crisis, and for those who want to implement family liaison in organisational policies and protocols.
Our interactive and experiential course is set within the context of relief, development and mission. We will provide you with practical information, guidance and the practical skills to implement effective family liaison.
What do we mean by Family Liaison?
When your organisation engages with families and other pre-identified contacts at a time when your staff and volunteers cannot speak for themselves.
What do we mean by Crisis?
When something unanticipated happens affecting or threatening safety, stability & health. It may include the death of affected persons.
What will the course cover?
Day One will help you to understand the principles of family liaison so that you can develop effective, safe and professional relationships with families.
Day Two (half day) will provide you with the opportunity to practice what you learnt during the first session. We will include interactive exercises designed to build your confidence in liaising with families.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand what family liaison is, and why it’s called family liaison rather than family support
- Understand the personal characteristics needed for family liaison work
- Identify principles and skills for managing a professional relationship with people in distress
- Understand the importance of trust and transparency in communicating with the family
- Develop appropriate skills in consideration of breaking bad news to children
- Develop skills in family liaison engagement and exit processes
- Become aware of the impact of social media on family liaison work
- Understand how family liaison work fits in with a crisis management team
- The importance of self-care through family support
Who is it for?
We have aimed this seminar primarily for Human Resources Personnel, Field & Security Managers, although we welcome anyone who may be interested to attend.
InterHealth Worldwide, 63-67 Newington Causeway, London, SE1 6BD
29 Mar 09:00 - 30 Mar 13:00
You can register online by completing the Training Booking Form on our website: https://www.interhealthworldwide.org/home/training-events/booking-inform...
Alternatively, you can send an email to: email@example.com