• The HCT launched an action plan to prioritize assistance to the most vulnerable people in the most affected areas based on a severity ranking tool.
• Assisted departure of families sheltered in schools in Jeremie has resumed. More than 300 families are scheduled to receive assistance in three schools in the coming days.
• Multisector assessments in areas of returns are being piloted in Port-a-Piment, in the South region.
According to UNHCR 4,810,216 have now fled Syria. More than 2.5 million of them fled in 2014 alone. During the course of 2014, an average of more than 4,738 people fled every day. In 2015, more than 1.1 million Syrians fled the country, an average of more than 7,130 per day. Children now make up 47.6% of the refugee population, meaning there are an estimated 2,289,662 refugee children in the region.
H.E. Mr. Tateshi HIGUCHI, Ambassador of Japan to Myanmar, and Chairpersons of the various construction committees from the States and Regions concerned signed the grant contracts for four projects today. Under these contracts, Japan’s Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGP) Scheme will provide a total of US$532,304 as follows:
The Project for Construction of Kone Ma Hat Village Bridge in Bamaw Township, Kachin State (USD 121,957)
More than 4.6 million people in Nigeria’s Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states are experiencing acute food insecurity
IOM identifies nearly 198,900 IDPs in Cameroon’s Far North Region
Armed actors continues to attack civilians and security forces in the Lake Chad Basin region
Près de 7 millions de dollars américains sont requis pour faire face aux besoins humanitaires urgents de plus de 118 000 personnes déplacées suite aux conflits intercommunautaires
Plus de 35 000 enfants en rupture scolaire suite à l’insécurité et la destruction des écoles dans le Tanganyika
Territoire de Manono : la fièvre jaune est confirmée dans la zone de santé de Kiambi.
Aperçu de la situation
Measured in relation to its own population, no other country in the world helps as many refugees as Lebanon. This small country has provided refuge for over 1.5 million people fleeing war and terror in Syria. Foreign Minister Steinmeier travelled to Beirut on Thursday (1 December) to demonstrate that Germany is a solid partner at Lebanon’s side. During his visit, Steinmeier will also be able to see for himself the situation of the people from Syria.
(Abuja: 2 December 2016): The 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan for Nigeria seeks more than US$1 billion to address the needs of those in crisis in the three most affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, with 75 partners ready to respond to those needs where areas are accessible.
CONTEXTE NATIONAL ET POLITIQUE
A National Immunization Days (NID) campaign against polio commenced on 15 November, targeting 3,351,954 children under the age of five. The campaign has been completed in Warrap, Central Equatoria, Lakes and Northern Bahr el Ghazal, with implementation ongoing in remaining states.
I. SITUATION OVERVIEW
23 November 2016
The LPA east of Mindanao has developed into a Tropical Depression (TD) and was named "MARCE" with maximum sustained winds of up to 45 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 55 kph. It is forecasted to move West Northwest at 17 kph.
Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal (TCWS) No. 1 is hoisted over Southern Leyte, Bohol, Siquijor, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Dinagat Island, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Misamis Oriental and Camiguin.
24 November 2016
Violence, floods displace an estimated 19,000 people in Kaga-Bandoro
Response agencies address needs of populations affected by Bria clashes
Donors pledge nearly $2.3 billion for emergency and long-term activities in CAR; UN releases 2017 HNO
31 October 2016
• As of end of October 2016, there are 123,293 people displaced by the Nigerian crisis in Chad’s Lac region. Three additional sites were discovered this month.
• A Hepatitis E outbreak has been reported in the Salamat Region. A total of 128 cases, including 20 positive cases (16% positivity rate) and 2 deaths (1.6% case-fatality) were registered in Amtiman, the main city of Salamat Region.
Latest Humanitarian Developments
• As of 29 November, 12,318 families (73,908 individuals around half of them children under 18), are displaced as a result of Mosul operations.
• Since the start of operations on 17 October, UNICEF has reached 118,082 affected people (including 61,403 children) with life-saving response items through the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM).1
This report is produced by OCHA in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It was issued on 1 December 2016. It covers the period from 24 November to 30 November 2016. The next SitRep will be issued on 3 December 2016.
Hostilities intensified significantly since 24 November, resulting in the displacement of an estimated 31,500 people within Aleppo city and a further deterioration of the humanitarian situation in the remaining besieged neighborhoods.
Summary of major revisions made to emergency plan of action:
Revisions in the EPOA were that additional funds were made available for a vehicle to support the RDRT’s mission, since the vastness of the affected area was greater than initially planned.