Yangon, 02 March 2015 - UNICEF and WHO applaud current results of the national immunisation campaign, aimed at protecting some 17 million children across Myanmar against measles and rubella, under the leadership of the Ministry of Health with support from WHO, the global vaccine alliance GAVI and UNICEF. Country-wide, the exceptional mobilisation of nurses, teachers and countless community leaders has resulted in an excellent coverage that is currently estimated at approximately 95% nation-wide.
As at 27 February 2015, Kakuma had received 45,222 asylum seekers from South Sudan. As at 28 February, 180,674 refugees had been registered by UNHCR and DRA, with South Sudanese making up 49.8% of the registered population.
Des dizaines de cas suspects de rougeole sont enregistrés dans le site minier de Kisengo au Nord de la province du Katanga. La plupart des malades sont des enfants âgés de moins de 5 ans.
Les autorités sanitaires de district disent attendre la confirmation de ces cas après des examens au laboratoire pour apporter une solution médicale appropriée. Entre-temps, la prise en charge des malades est assurée dans un centre de santé local.
Environ 15 750 personnes vivent dans le site minier de Kisengo. Une population composée en majorité des creuseurs.
According to the Ministry of Health, as of 23 February 2015, the cumulative total of suspected, probable and confirmed cases of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in Liberia stood at 9,265, with 4,057 related deaths.
Case incidence declined from a peak of over 300 new confirmed cases per week in August and September 2014 to only two new confirmed EVD cases in the past week in Montserrado County.
5,779 children have been identified as directly affected by EVD (3,798 identified by the government and the rest by partner organisations).
· As of 24 February 2015, according to the Government of Sierra Leone, the cumulative number of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) cases is 8,308, with 3,113 deaths. During the past week there were 71 new confirmed cases of EVD.
A total of 143,806 South Sudanese refugees have been assisted in Uganda since the influx began in mid-December 2013, including 90,3431 in Adjumani, 12,728 in Arua, 33,229 in Kiryandongo and 7,506 in Kampala. There were 1,203 new arrivals during the reporting period.
By Syed Raza Hassan
ISLAMABAD, March 2 (Reuters) - Pakistan has wasted $3.7 million worth of vaccines donated to protect children from deadly diseases because officials failed to store them properly, a senior health official told Reuters on Monday.
Read the full article
UNDP experts visited Donetsk and Lugansk regions to select sites for social care restoration as a part of the UNDP and the Government of Japan project, "Early Recovery of Social Services and Peacebuilding in the Donetsk and Lugansk oblasts."
· The total number of confirmed cases of Ebola went up to 2,762 in week eight, according to WHO’s Epidemiological Situation Report. The total number of confirmed, suspected and probable cases rose to 3,155. The number of deaths resulting from confirmed cases of Ebola climbed to 1,704 and the total number of deaths to 2,091.
1. Key Findings
Mise en œuvre à travers la CTB, l’Agence belge de Développement, la coopération bilatérale belgo-congolaise est définie dans deux programmes indicatifs de coopération (PIC) signés respectivement en 2009 et 2014. Le premier couvrait la période 2010-2013. Le second couvre la période 2014-2015.
● On 24 February, the revised Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) for Ukraine was launched, appealing for USD 316 million for 3.2 million of the most conflict- affected people.
● People in bunkers in Donetsk lack access to potable water, sanitation facilities and hygiene supplies. Several locations in the east still do not have access to water.
● An estimated 2,000 people have returned to Debaltseve; many who remained are traumatized. The UN and humanitarian partners are providing humanitarian assistance.
Background: This study aimed to identify the indices and frameworks that have been used to assess the performance of communicable disease surveillance (CDS) in response to disasters and other emergencies, including infectious disease outbreaks.
49 813 Réfugiés recensés par les autorités
41 571 Réfugiés vérifiés et préenregistrés par le HCR depuis Mai 2013.
32 621 Réfugiés vivant au camp de Minawao
8242 Réfugiés pré-enregistrés dans les zones frontalières de la région de l’Extrême Nord
9766 Nouveaux arrivés enregistrés par le HCR depuis Janvier 2015.
Livelihoods have been affected by the crisis and opportunities are expected to further decrease. Poor households and families affected by the loss of a member are facing food insecurity.
Avec l'appui des experts de l'OMS, l'UNICEF, la Banque Mondiale et des autres partenaires bilatéraux (USAID, Canada, Belgique), l'atelier s'est donné 'une feuille de route' des activités clés à mener avant et après la soumission de la loi au Parlement.
HIGHLIGHTS - Ex- and former presidents of CAR signal support for the country’s peace process - Demonstrations in Ouaka Prefecture’s Bambari town in mid-February result in six deaths - Humanitarian organizations continue to provide IDPs in Batangafo town, Ouham Prefecture, with emergency relief supplies
• $529 million was pledged to respond to the crisis in South Sudan and the region.
• The “Back to Learning” campaign was launched amidst continuing challenges to edu - cation.
• The Logistics cluster urgently needs funding to ensure sus - tained humanitarian response.
• Rapid response missions were ongoing in Northern Jonglei.
of internally displaced people 1.5 m
of refugees in neighboring countries 505,300