Safe Operation of Mining Activities: A Follow-Up to Recent Mining Accidents
- Overview of mining accidents involving dam bursts worldwide
- Immediate follow-up activities
- Technical point of view - Project description and lessons to be learnt
- Current situation with regard to existing community environmental legislation
- Follow-up - The Action Plan
Aiming to inform the Council and the European Parliament in more detail about some of actions undertaken, it is also an opportunity to provide principal stakeholders concerned, notably industry, NGOs, Member States and other interested parties, to give their views on these actions.