The IASC and the global humanitarian coordination architecture: How can NGOs engage?
Humanitarian coordination seeks to improve the effectiveness of humanitarian response by ensuring greater predictability, accountability and partnership.
Coordination in humanitarian contexts is vital at local, national, regional and global levels, and involving:
• Assessing situations and needs;
• Agreeing common priorities;
• Fills gaps, prevents duplication and targets those most in need;
• Developing common strategies to address issues such as negotiating access;
• Mobilizing funding and other resources;
• Clarifying consistent public messaging; and
• Monitoring progress