CERF Activities in 2010
- provide food assistance to an estimated 22 million people affected by disasters in 28 countries;
- support almost 19 million people through interventions aimed at providing clean water, adequate sanitation and hygiene in 24 countries;
- immunize some 19.5 million children;
- provide more than 1.5 million people in 17 countries with emergency shelter and nonfood items;
- assist an estimated 1.1 million families in 29 countries with agricultural and livelihood support in order to help them become self-sufficient and reduce their dependence on humanitarian aid; and
- provide nutritional assistance to more than 8 million malnourished children and to some 4 million pregnant and breast-feeding women.
* Approximate figures of beneficiaries based on information provided in approved project proposals.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.