Africa's Human Rights Architecture
- African Perspectives on Human and Gender Rights;
- The AU's Human Rights Institutions and the Challenges and Imperatives of a Merged African Court;
- Regional Human Rights Institutions in Africa;
- National Human Rights Institutions in Africa;
- The Role of Civil Society and Traditional Leaders in Enhancing Human Rights on the Continent; and
- The Uses and Abuses of the United States' 'War on Terror' in Africa.
This volume attempts to address three related questions on human rights in Africa:
- Why do human rights violations remain rife on the continent?
- Why has Africa been slow in responding to human rights violations?
- What is the AU doing to mitigate human rights violations?