Syria: Humanitarian Bulletin No. 2, 21 June 2012
• Up to 1.5 million people now need humanitarian assistance inside Syria.
• More than 461,000 people have received WFP food assistance so far in June.
• International NGOs are joining the response.
• More than 92,000 Syrian refugees are receiving assistance in neighbouring countries.
• Reconnaissance missions completed for UN field presences, but staff deployment is hampered by security concerns.
• Additional funding is required for a stronger response inside Syria and in neighbouring countries.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.