Syria: Humanitarian Bulletin No. 1, 5 June 2012
· At least 1 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance inside Syria.
· Over 78,000 Syrians are living as refugees in neighbouring countries.
· Assistance is being provided but does not match the needs. WFP plans to reach 500,000 people with food assistance in June.
· The modalities for scaling-up the response have been agreed with the Syrian Government.
· Additional funding is urgently required for the response, both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.