Syria Crisis Response, 27 November 2013
· There are now 2,264,106 Syrian refugees in the region according to UNHCR. 77,245 of them are awaiting registration.
· More than 1.6 million of them fled in 2013 alone. Since the beginning of the year there has been an average of 5,000 people fleeing per day.
· Children make up 49.7% of the refugee population, meaning there are an estimated 1,125,260 children who are refugees
· There are approximately 9.3 million people in need of assistance inside Syria (OCHA)
· There are approximately 6.5 million internally displaced people inside Syria (OCHA)
Highlights from Save the Children’s Response
· Our regional response in Iraq, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria aims to reach 1,700,000 people by the end of 2015.
· We have reached 796,746 people to date, including 475,969 children.
· We are aiming to raise 350 million USD for our appeal by the end of 2015. So far this is about 44% covered.
· We are running a multi-sector response across the region in education, protection, health, shelter, WASH, nutrition, FSL and distribution of NFIs.