Sudan Weekly Humanitarian Bulletin, 30 July-5 August 2012
- Sudan and South Sudan agree on oil transportation fees, but implementation of the agreement still depends on resolving security issues between the two states.
- The Government of Sudan and the SPLM-N signed, separately, Memoranda of Understanding with the African Union, the Arab League and the UN for the assessment and delivery of humanitarian assistance to war-affected civilians in South Kordofan and Blue Nile states.
- One WFP staff member was killed and another wounded in South Kordofan following an attack on their vehicle 80km north of the state capital, Kadugli.
- In Darfur, public protests in Nyala and inter-tribal fighting in parts of North Darfur State lead to civilian casualties and displacement.
- Heavy rains and flash flooding affects more than 14,000 people across Darfur.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.