Sudan Weekly Humanitarian Bulletin 25 June – 1 July
• The Government of Sudan approved the AU/LAS/UN tripartite initiative on humanitarian access to South Kordofan and Blue Nile, with implementation modalities still to be agreed upon.
• WFP has reported that the food security situation in South Kordofan and Blue Nile is deteriorating due to insecurity and increasing food prices.
• More than 205,000 people have fled from South Kordofan and Blue Nile to South Sudan and Ethiopia, according to UNHCR.
• In Abyei, the total number of returnees to areas north of the Bahr el Arab/Kiir River is now some 9,700 people, according to UNISFA. Heavy rains have affected the movements of people and humanitarian organisations.
• Approximately 4,500 people of South Sudanese origin stranded at the Kosti railway station have been ordered by the White Nile State Security Committee to leave by the end of June.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.