Abyei Situation Report No. 4
· The security situation in the wider Abyei area remains highly volatile and significant population movement has been confirmed
· Determining the whereabouts of the displaced population is the key priority
· The Humanitarian Coordinator visited Abyei, Agok and Turalei and called on all parties to respect and protect the civilian population including to ensure safe passage of civilians on the move
· Newly displaced people in Agok and local residents fled southwards fearing an attack on the town
· Humanitarian partners are reinforcing their presence in key locations in Warrap State in southern Sudan to respond to the needs of the affected population
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.