Somalia Humanitarian Fund Interim Update 2016
• In 2016, the Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) continued to be a crucial tool for timely, coordinated and effective humanitarian response to the most urgent needs in Somalia.
• By the end of November 2016, some US$25 million had been channeled to support critical humanitarian response through 35 humanitarian partners for 94 projects across the country.
• SHF allocations were closely aligned with the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) to ensure complementarity and effective use of the limited resources.
• The implementation and further strengthening of SHF’s accountability framework ensured that funds were used efficiently, despite the challenging operational environment in Somalia.
• Donors continue to demonstrate trust and support for the Fund, committing some $25 million in contributions for 2016 on top of $4.4 million carried over from 2015.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.