Eastern Africa Humanitarian Bulletin, Issue 27 | 20 June -20 August 2013
- Amid overall food security improvements in the region, some 12.9 million people remained food insecure as of June 2013.
- Prevalence of malnutrition in Djibouti and Somalia is still above the 15 per cent emergency threshold.
- Thousands of civilians are cut off from life-saving assistance due to insecurity in Pibor County, South Sudan.
- MSF pulls out of Somalia due to insecurity.
- Thousands of Rwandans to lose refugee status following the entry into force of the Rwandan cessation clause.
- Proposed repatriation of Somali refugees from Kenya to be conducted in safety and dignity.
- 118 cases of polio confirmed in the Horn of Africa region
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.