Solomon Islands: Earthquake and Tsunami Situation Report No. 1 (as of 6 February 2013)
- 8.0 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Santa Cruz Islands, Temotu Province in the Solomon Islands
- Tsunami Watch and Tsunami Warning issued for a number of Pacific Island Countries
- Initial reports of a 0.9 to 1.0 meter wave affecting parts of Temotu Province
- Four people are reported dead and two are reported as missing
- Initial information suggests that the tsunami wave travelled 500 meters inland and flattened many traditional houses
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.