Philippines: Zamboanga and Basilan Emergency Situation Report No. 13 (as of 10 December 2013)
• Malnutrition is on the rise in three of the largest IDP camps in Zamboanga City.
• Three months after the Zamboanga City siege, 65,903 people are still displaced with about 24,140 in 14 evacuation centres, and 39,763 with host communities.
• DSWD Region IX (Zamboanga) has announced the phasing out of general food distribution in existing camps beginning 9 December 2013.
• The relocation of IDPs continues as more temporary bunkhouses are constructed in resettlement sites. Some of the IDPs are not willing to be relocated to these sites which are about 15 km from the city.
• The Government’s Post-Conflict Needs Assessment for Zamboanga City has been concluded. It is being presented to the Cabinet for approval. The Government pledged a total of 3.89 billion pesos (US$88 million) for rehabilitation and reconstruction.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.