Philippines: Updates on the effects of typhoon Egay as of 21 Aug 2007 as of 12:00 NN
- The enhanced southwest monsoon brought by Typhoon Egay caused flooding in several areas in Metro Manila, Regions III, IV-A and IV-B.
2.1 Affected Areas and Population (Details on Tab A)
- A total of 546 barangays, were affected in 18 cities and 49 municipalities of 16 provinces in eight (8) regions (Regions 1, II, III, IV-A, IV-B, V, NCR, and CAR).
- There is an increase on the number of affected population from 135,527 families /650,581 persons. to 146,783 families /706,930 persons
- A cumulative total of 1,151 families/5,700 persons were reported displaced and evacuated in 40 evacuation centers.
- As of this reporting time, there are still 792 families/3,884 persons. in 28 evacuation centers in Metro Manila, Cagayan, Pampanga, Batangas, Cavite, and Rizal.
- The total number of houses damaged in Regions I, III, IV-A and IV-13 is 98: 43 totally and 55 partially. (Details on Tab B)
- The estimated cost of damage to agriculture/fisheries and infrastructures is now P22.605 Million (Details on Tab C)
2.3. Casualties (Details on Tab D)
- There were five (5) persons reported dead and one (1) injured