Philippines: Typhoon Haiyan Situation Report No. 26 (as of 24 December 2013)
· Shelter needs remain enormous in affected areas, but the Shelter Cluster to date has received only about 19 per cent of its requirements – substantially less than the response as a whole. Shelter, CCCM and Early Recovery and Livelihood partners are developing a comprehensive plan for shelter solutions.
· An assessment of 119 health facilities in Region VIII shows that the unstable power supply and a lack of generators are the main obstacles to cold chain restoration.
· The clean-up from the oil spill in Estancia is largely completed and the Government has now announced that it is safe for people to return to their homes.
· According to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)-IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), there is an overall 53 per cent decrease in the population living in displacement sites in Region VIII.
· UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon travelled to Tacloban on 21 December and met with affected people. He also held discussions with the President
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.