Philippines: Typhoon Haiyan Situation Report No. 23 (as of 13 December 2013)
• Significant humanitarian needs remain despite signs of recovery in some areas. 3.88 million people remain displaced from their homes, of whom nearly 102,000 are living in evacuation centres.
• Progress is being made in identifying and addressing the needs of communities in outlying islands and remote areas.
• A limited number of cases of malnutrition are surfacing and promptly being addressed. More comprehensive monitoring is required.
• Health partners are prioritizing disease prevention and surveillance, while also emphasizing the need to reestablish routine health systems as soon as possible. Concern persists over the need to cover any potential gaps created by the departure of international medical teams.
• Partners have identified the need to agree shelter standards so that new constructions are more resilient.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.